Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

dancing through life

In my last post "2014 so far" I mentioned I had my dance recital at the end of June. I also mentioned I've been at the same dance studio for nine years now. I started the summer between third and fourth grade and have danced every year since. The main reasons I like dance is because it's a good way to get some exercise, I've met so many amazing people, and it's so much fun!
 
I dance at Corinne's School of Dance owned by Corinne. She was a former Rockette and is now an amazing dance teacher! I've had the privilege of working with four of the amazing teachers at Corinne's and it has been an honor working with them. They each have their own visions and it's bind boggling at the amount of effort they put into each one of their dances. Over the last nine years I've taken a variety of different classes. I've taken classes in jazz, tap, ballet/pointe, modern, lyrical, kickline, and I've also taken some solo classes.
 
I love to dance and I've heard a lot of people say that it's not a sport or it's not active or an exercise but it is. It is also an art. People can be good at dance, meaning they can have an amazing technique but if there's no heart it doesn't feel right. Dance is a passion of mine because when I'm dancing on stage I get an adrenaline rush and I feel so free.
 
 I love to dance; what's your passion?
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment